Bilingual Editor & SEO Specialist
Let's create the best travel website & show up on Google first!
Bilingual Editor & SEO Specialist
Who said you couldn’t earn a living while traveling the world?
As a fast-growing Canadian online travel media, we are looking for a bilingual (EN/FR) editor who also has excellent SEO knowledge.
The perfect person for this role is someone who is attentive to details, who loves traveling, who loves to optimize content, and who has experience in both editing and SEO.
You’re eager to be at the forefront of all that’s happening in the world of travel, online content, and SEO? This is for you!
As a key member of our team, you’ll have to show initiative and be entrepreneurial. You’ll work under very limited supervision, but we still expect to see great results!
Position at a glance
Location: 100% remote
Hours: Flexible, 30-40 hours per week
Salary: CA$20 – CA$30 / hour, varies by experience level
Contract period: 1 month initial contract (can be renewed if satisfactory; this is a permanent need)
- Copyedit blog posts submitted by our writers and translators, respecting their individual styles while rewriting copy for ease of reading, and ensuring clarity of expression and meaning
- Meticulously proofread for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and consistency of formatting
- Verify the factual accuracy of content
- Post articles to the website (via WordPress) and update content database
- Liaise with writers, to ensure efficient and timely publication of articles, to manage assignments and follow-ups, and to share notes and feedback so they can improve
- Liaise with VAs to repurpose content into different formats for use on various platforms (long-form content into smaller standalone content pieces, articles into exhaustive guides, etc.)
- Update older posts
- Analyze web analytics data to gauge content performance and test new ideas to improve results
- Help develop the content strategy with co-founders and plan editorial schedule
- Assist co-founders with all things content related
SEO & Content Marketing:
- Optimize content for SEO
- Perform keyword research for future content
- Measure and analyze the performance as well as the impacts of changes: implementation of traffic reports, tracking of search engine positioning, keyword analysis, etc.
- Conduct an audit of our current content and define benchmarks
- Establish a backlink strategy (internal and external), sourcing and soliciting partnerships for relevant links
- Modify articles to use as guest posts on other publication for backlinks
- Liaise with writers, to ensure they incorporate the right keywords in their articles and share notes and feedback so they can improve their writings from an SEO perspective
- Analyze competitor content and spot opportunities
- Keep up to date with all things SEO, like the frequent Google algorithm updates for example
- Source expert travelers and influencers for round-up posts and other content to build relationships and generate backlinks
- You are bilingual (English/French)
- You have already worked remotely, are self-disciplined & self-motivated
- You have previously worked with WordPress
- You have hands-on editing experience
- You have hands-on experience with SEO
- You are entrepreneurial and have a passion for helping startups succeed
- You have the ability to hit the ground running from devising a plan to execution
- You have great interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- You have incredible attention to detail and work ethic
- You are comfortable with changing roles, blistering speed, and figuring it out as you go along
We are an online travel media that specializes in publishing limited-time flight deals as well as travel content. We are a fast-growing company and are the market leaders in our home province of Québec. With your help, we will become North America’s leading online travel media.
To apply, please send the following to the link below as soon as possible :
- Best cover letter we’ve ever seen