Your privacy is important to us and to inform you of how your privacy is protected, we provide this notice.
Last modified: October 30th, 2018
On 25 May 2018, the most significant piece of European data protection legislation to be introduced in 20 years will come into force. The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the 1995 EU Data Protection Directive. The GDPR strengthens the rights that individuals have regarding personal data relating to them and seeks to unify data protection laws across Europe, regardless of where that data is processed.
Data protection is a matter of trust and your trust is important to us. We respect your personal space and your privacy. Therefore, protecting personal data and collecting, processing and using them in conformity with the law is an important concern to us. So that you feel safe while visiting one of our web pages, we strictly adhere to legal provisions when we process you data and would like to inform you here about our data collection and use of data.
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures which are intended to prevent unauthorized or unlawful processing of personal data and accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
1. Responsible body
The body responsible for collecting, processing and using your personal data in terms of the Federal Data Protection Laws is AK Ventures Inc. incorporated in Québec, Canada.
Should you not agree with collecting, processing and using your personal data in accordance with these data protection provisions in total or only to individual measures, you can send your objection by email at email@example.com
2. Information we collect
We may collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit many of our web pages such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Chrome, Opera, Mozilla, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Ubuntu, Windows 10) and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
In some cases, we collect information regarding what pages within the site you look at, how long you look at them for and how many times you look at them.
If you choose to become a member of the site, your username, password and email address is retained by us. Subsequent to this, any comments, ratings or other contributions you make to the site are recorded and tied to this information.
AK Ventures Inc. must receive or collect some information to operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services, including when you install, access, or use our Services. The types of information we receive and collect depend on how you use our Services.
2.1 Information you provide
- E-Mail address
Provided by you (voluntary):
- Profile picture
- Date of birth
- Any other information you wish to disclose
- Name (voluntary)
- Date of registration
- Registered market
Contact via contact form or email:
- E-Mail address
- Messages send to us
- Item purchased
- Billing & Shipping addresses
- Date of purchase
2.2 Automatically Collected Information
- Usage And Log Information. We collect information about your activity on our Services, like service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes information about your activity (including how you use our Services, your Services settings, how you interact with others using our Services, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities and interactions), log files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
- Address: 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
- GDPR Compliance: https://privacy.google.com/businesses/compliance/#?modal_active=none
- Purpose: Analysis of user behavior on the website
- to develop new products and services
- optimize existing products or services
- Find and fix error messages on the blog
- Measure and plan marketing campaigns
- All anonymized data:
- Anonymous ID generated by first party cookies
- Address: Facebook Inc.,1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California, US
- GDPR Compliance: https://www.facebook.com/business/gdpr
- Measurement and analytics to better understand our users and provide better content.
- Custom Audiences are used for advertising campaigns, which allows us to serve more relevant advertising.
- All anonymized data:
- Http headers – Anything present in HTTP headers
- Pixel-specific data – This includes the pixel ID and Facebook cookie.
- Button click data – This includes any buttons clicked by site visitors, the labels of those buttons and any pages visited as a result of the button clicks.
- Other values – Additional information about the visit through custom data events, for example, the destination or hotel-name someone checked.
- The following are all collected and completely anonymized: Browser type, Operating system, device Type, page URL(s) visited, and duration of a visit
3. How We Use Information
We may use this information to determine how this website is being used and to gauge the popularity of different parts of the site.
To determine how many times specific sections of the site are viewed so we can calculate the popularity of different sections and so on.
We may use this information to track abuse if it occurs.
We will disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request.
Your personal information will NOT be shared with any other third party without your explicit permission.
We use the information we have (subject to choices you make) to operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. Here’s how:
- Our Services. We use the information we have to operate and provide our Services, including providing customer support, and improving, fixing, and customizing our Services. We understand how people use our Services and analyze and use the information we have to evaluate and improve our Services, research, develop, and test new services and features, and conduct troubleshooting activities. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
- Safety And Security. We verify accounts and activity, and promote safety and security on and off our Services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our Terms, and to ensure our Services are being used legally.
4. How We Process Information
Under European law, companies must have a legal basis to process data. You have particular rights available to you depending on which legal basis we use, and we’ve explained these below. You should know that no matter what legal basis applies, you always have the right to request access to, rectification of, and erasure of your data under the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
For all people who have the legal capacity to enter into an enforceable contract, we process data as necessary to perform our contracts with you (the Terms of Service, the “Terms”). The core data uses necessary to provide our contractual services are:
- To provide, improve, customize, and support our Services as described in “Our Services”;
- To promote safety and security;
- To store, or process your data outside the EEA, including to within the United States and other countries; and
- To communicate with you, for example, on Service-related issues.
When we process data you provide to us as necessary to perform our contracts with you, you have the right to port it under the GDPR.
The other legal bases we rely on in certain instances when processing your data are:
For collecting and using the information you allow us to receive through the device-based settings when you enable them, so we can provide the features and services described when you enable the settings.
When we process data you provide to us based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and to port that data you provide to us, under the GDPR.
Legitimate Interest :
Based on the GDPR art. 6/1f, we will not request nor require consent from a user in order to display advertisements. After having conducted a legitimate interest assessment, we believe that our legitimate interest is appropriate given the value we bring to our users, discovering great travel deals for cheap price. Based on data collected, we will show ads to users that deliver the best user experience. By doing so, we allow users to enjoy the inspiration and the free of charge site browsing while driving revenue for the company to maintain and develop the product. Moreover, we are fully supportive of the digital ad industry consent mechanisms and will continue to test consent mechanisms as a potential alternative legal basis for processing.
For all people, including those under the age of majority:
- For providing measurement, analytics, and other business services where we are processing data as a controller. The legitimate interests we rely on for this processing are:
- To provide accurate and reliable reporting to businesses and other partners, to ensure accurate pricing and statistics on performance, and to demonstrate the value our partners realize using our Services; and
- In the interests of businesses and other partners to help them understand their customers and improve their businesses, validate their pricing models, and evaluate the effectiveness and distribution of their services and messages, and understand how people interact with them on our Services.
- For providing marketing communications to you. The legitimate interests we rely on for this processing are:
- To promote and send you, as a customer, our last offers.
You have the right to object to and seek restriction of, such processing.
We will consider several factors when assessing an objection including our users’ reasonable expectations; the benefits and risks to you, us, other users, or third parties; and other available means to achieve the same purpose that may be less invasive and do not require a disproportionate effort. Your objection will be upheld, and we will cease processing your information unless the processing is based on compelling legitimate grounds or is needed for legal reasons.
5. How The General Data Protection Regulation Applies To Our Users
5.1 How You Exercise Your Rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or other applicable local laws, you have the right to access, rectify, port, and erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your information. This includes the right to object to our processing of your information for direct marketing and the right to object to our processing of your information where we are performing a task in the public interest or pursuing our legitimate interests or those of a third party. You can access or port your information using our in-app Request Account Info feature (to be developed). You can access tools to rectify, update, and erase your information directly on the website as described in the Managing and Deleting Your Information section. Where we use your information for direct marketing for our own Services, you can always object and opt out of future marketing messages using the unsubscribe link in such communications (Newsletter).
5.2 Affected rights (revocation and opposition rights)
“Regardless of the explanations above, you may object to the use of your information at any time and revoke any consent to use your information at any time.”
Here, the right of objection under Art. 21 para. 1 and 2 GDPR applies to the processing of your data in connection with direct advertisement if this is done on the basis of a balance of interests.
Moreover, you have the right to correct, delete or restrict the processing of your information, as well as the right to object to processing and the right to transfer your data. Please note that we may require proof from you in the event of a request for information that has not been made in writing, proving that you are the person you are spending yourself on.
AK Ventures Inc.
6. Managing and Deleting Your Information
We store information until your account is deleted.
If you would like to manage, change, or delete your information, we allow you to do that through the following features:
- User Profile. Under User Profile, you can manage all the information related to your profile. You can create, edit and delete your Travel Preferences. You can change your username, your profile picture, your email, and your password.
- Delete Account. Under the User Profile, you have the right to be forgotten by removing your account from our systems.
- Analytics: Under the Settings, you can stop being tracked. Notice that by turning off the Analytics will restrict how we customize our Services to better suit your preferences.
7. Law and Protection
Art. 6 I lit. a GDPR is the legal basis for our company to processing operations in which we obtain consent for a particular processing purpose. If the processing of personal data is necessary to fulfill a contract of which the data subject is a party, as is the case, for example, in processing operations necessary for the provision of any other service or consideration, the processing is based on Art. 6 I lit , b GDPR. Same applies to processing operations that are necessary to carry out pre-contractual measures, for example in cases of inquiries regarding our products or services. If our company is subject to a legal obligation which requires the processing of personal data, such as the fulfillment of tax obligations, the processing is based on Art. 6 I lit. c GDPR. We collect, use, preserve, and share your information if we have a good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond pursuant to applicable law or regulations, to legal process, or to government requests; (b) enforce our Terms and any other applicable terms and policies; (c) detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, AK Ventures Inc., or others.
8. Updates To Our Policy
We will notify you before we make changes to this Policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised Policy before you choose to continue using our Services.
9. Contact Information
The Data Protection Officer for AK Ventures Inc. can be contacted here (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.
You can chose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
10.1 About Cookies
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by us or our partners. They let us identify the device you’re using – but not you personally. This information is sent back to our systems as you move around our website.
Cookies are unique to the web browser you’re using – so if you’re using a desktop computer as well as a mobile, different data will be collected for each.
- to provide AK Ventures Inc. for web and other Services that are web-based, improve your experiences, understand how our Services are being used, and customize our Services;
- to simplify the log-in process or to customize our content in line with your interests and preferences.
- If you book a trip with one of our business partners via our site, appropriate personal data will be passed to the business partner. This includes cookies used to record the booking process. The cookies enable our business partner to ascertain that you have taken advantage of the offer presented via our website. Our partners may use information about your booking to improve your/their offering.
10.3 How to control Cookies
You can follow the instructions provided by your browser or device (usually located under “Settings” or “Preferences”) to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you set your browser or device to disable cookies, certain of our Services may not function properly.
Should you have questions about your personal data, you can contact us via the contact form on our website.