Share your passion for travel!
Who said you couldn’t earn a living while traveling the world? As a fast-growing online travel media, we are looking for a travel enthusiast with a skill set in blog writing, online research and some understanding of SEO.
You have some experience working with blogs and you love to travel? You’re an avid traveler eager to inspire and help other travelers with your writing? This is for you!
As a remote contractor, you’ll have to show initiative and be entrepreneurial. You’ll work under very limited supervision, but we still expect to see great results.
The perfect person for this role is a great writer and a great researcher who works efficiently. Someone who can write 600 to 2000 word daily articles on a variety of travel topics (tips & tricks, destination pieces, news, etc.) that we will supply. These articles will have to be factually correct, original work that comes across as intelligent and are interesting to read.
We are starting this as a 1 month contract, but it can become an ongoing daily writing contract if the work meets our expectations.
Position at a glance:
Hours: Flexible, minimum 20 hours per week (with potential to scale to full-time)
Salary: CAD$12 – CAD$15 / hour, varies by experience level
Contract period: 1 month (with possibility of renewing monthly for the next year)
- Write daily factually correct, original quality blog posts that come across as intelligent and are interesting to read (around 600 to 2000 words)
- Conduct the required online research to get all the relevant information required to write the post
- Optimize this new content for SEO
- You have an eye for detail and professional writing (grammar, editing, and proofreading skills)
- You have already worked remotely, are self-disciplined & self-motivated
- You have hands-on experience with writing blog articles
- You are entrepreneurial and have a passion for helping startups succeed
- You have great interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- You have incredible attention to detail and work ethic
- You are passionate about travel
Nice to have:
- Prior knowledge of WordPress
- Bilingual (English/French)
About the company:
We are an online travel media that specializes in publishing limited-time flight deals as well as travel content. We are a fast-growing company and are the market leaders in our home province of Quebec. With your help, we will become North America’s leading online travel media.
To apply, please send the following to the link below :
- 3 writing sample, or links to published pieces
- Cover letter