Let's show up on Google first!
Who said you couldn’t earn a living while traveling the world? As a fast-growing online travel media, we are looking for a travel enthusiast with a skill set in SEO.
You have some experience working as an SEO Specialist? You’re eager to be at the forefront of all that’s happening in the world of SEO? This is for you!
As a member of the team, you’ll have to show initiative and be entrepreneurial. You’ll work under very limited supervision, but we still expect to see great results!.
The perfect person for this role is someone who is attentive to details and that loves to read about new changes to the Google algorithm.
Position at a glance:
Hours: Flexible, minimum 20 hours per week (with potential to scale to full-time)
Salary: $15 – $25 CAD / hour, varies by experience level
Contract period: 3 months (with possibility of renewing for the next year)
- SEO & Content Marketing
- Optimize content for SEO
- Measure and analyze the performance as well as the impacts of changes: implementation of traffic reports, tracking of search engine positioning, keyword analysis, etc.
- Conduct an audit of our current content and define benchmarks
- Establish a backlink strategy (internal and external), sourcing and soliciting partnerships for relevant links
- Liaise with writers, to ensure they incorporate the right keyword in their article and share notes and feedback so they can improve their SEO writings
- Public Relations
- Develop a strategy to obtain press coverage for the company and therefore media backlinks
- Develop a strategy to build relationships with bloggers and influencers in the travel world
- Cultivate these relationships and help promote the Flytrippers brand
- You have already worked remotely, are self-disciplined & self-motivated
- You have previously worked with WordPress
- You have hands-on experience with SEO
- You are entrepreneurial and have a passion for helping startups succeed
- You have the ability to hit the ground running from devising plan to execution
- You have great interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- You have incredible attention to detail and work ethic
- You are comfortable with changing roles, blistering speed, and figuring it out as you go along
Nice to have (not required):
- Bilingual (English/French)
We are an online travel media that specializes in publishing limited-time flight deals as well as travel content. We are a fast-growing company and are the market leaders in our home province of Québec. With your help, we will become North America’s leading online travel media.
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com before next week:
- Best cover letter we’ve ever seen