Let's show up on Google first!
SEO Specialist (remote)
Want to earn a living while traveling the world? As a fast-growing online travel media, Flytrippers is looking for a travel enthusiast with a skill set in SEO.
You have experience working as an SEO Specialist? You’re eager to be at the forefront of all that’s happening in the world of SEO? Then this is the opportunity for you!
As a remote independent contractor, you’ll have to show initiative and be entrepreneurial. You’ll work under very limited supervision in collaboration with other members of our growing team to produce great results.
The perfect person for this role is someone who is attentive to details and that loves to read about new changes to the Google algorithm.
Position at a glance:
Hours: Flexible, minimum 20 hours per week (with potential to scale to full-time)
Salary: CA$20 – CA$40 / hour, varies by experience level
Contract period: 1 month initial contract (will be renewed if satisfactory; this is a permanent need)
- Optimize content for SEO
- Measure and analyze the performance as well as the impacts of changes: implementation of traffic reports, tracking of search engine positioning, keyword analysis, etc.
- Conduct an audit of our current content and define benchmarks
- Establish a backlink strategy (internal and external), sourcing and soliciting partnerships for relevant links
- Keyword research for new articles
- Liaise with writers, to ensure they incorporate the right keyword in their article and share notes and feedback so they can improve their SEO writings
- You have already worked remotely, are self-disciplined & self-motivated
- You have previously worked with WordPress
- You have hands-on experience with SEO
- You are entrepreneurial and have a passion for helping startups succeed
- You have great interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- You have incredible attention to detail and work ethic
Nice to have (not required):
- Bilingual (English/French)
- Public Relations
- Develop a strategy to obtain press coverage for the company and therefore media backlinks
- Develop a strategy to build relationships with bloggers and influencers in the travel world
- Cultivate these relationships and help promote the Flytrippers brand
Flytrippers is an online travel media that specializes in publishing limited-time flight deals, general travel content (tips, inspiration, news), and travel rewards content. We are a fast-growing company and are among the most-read travel websites in Canada. With your help, we aim to become North America’s leading online travel media.
To apply, please send the following to the link below :
- Cover letter explaining why this is a great job for you and how you plan to execute it (make it good, we read this first to filter resumes)