Who said you couldn’t earn a living while traveling the world? As a fast-growing online travel media, we are looking for a travel enthusiast with a skill set in digital content edition.
You have some experience working as an online media editor? You’re eager to be at the forefront of all that’s happening in the world of travel? This is for you!
As a member of the team, you’ll have to show initiative and be entrepreneurial. You’ll work under very limited supervision, but we still expect to see great results!
The perfect person for this role is someone who is attentive to details and that loves to read about travel.
Position at a glance:
Hours: Flexible, minimum 20 hours per week (with potential to scale to full-time)
Salary: $15 – $25 CAD / hour, varies by experience level
Contract period: 3 months (with possibility of renewing for the next year)
- Copyedit blog posts submitted by our writers, respecting their individual styles while rewriting copy for ease of reading, and ensuring clarity of expression and meaning
- Meticulously proofread for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and for consistency of formatting
- Verify accuracy of facts
- Post articles to the website (via WordPress) and update content database
- Liaise with writers, to ensure efficient and timely publication of articles, to manage assignments and follow-ups, and to share notes and feedback so they can improve
- Apply SEO best practices to the edited articles in collaboration with SEO expert
- Analyze web analytics data to gauge content performance
- Help develop content strategy with co-founders and plan editorial schedule
- You have already worked remotely, are self-disciplined & self-motivated
- You have previously worked with WordPress
- You have hands-on experience with writing, editing and SEO
- You are entrepreneurial and have a passion for helping startups succeed
- You have the ability to hit the ground running from devising plan to execution
- You have great interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- You have incredible attention to detail and work ethic
- You are comfortable with changing roles, blistering speed, and figuring it out as you go along
Nice to have (not required):
- Bilingual (English/French)
We are an online travel media that specializes in publishing limited-time flight deals as well as travel content. We are a fast-growing company and are the market leaders in our home province of Québec. With your help, we will become North America’s leading online travel media.
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com before August 16th, 2019:
- Best cover letter we’ve ever seen