Start getting travel rewards with the Marriott Bonvoy Business Card now
via Amex secure application
in travel rewards after $5,000 in 3 months
Our favorite card in Canada has a Business version.
As long as you earn any type of independent income (reselling merchandise for example), you are eligible by entering your full name as the business name on the application.
This will not only give you another Marriott welcome bonus, it will give you another very valuable annual free night certificate for very luxurious hotels.
You could get up to 12 free nights with the Welcome Bonus alone, even more than with the regular Marriott Card.
The earn rate is also great, with a category multiplier that the regular Marriott Card doesn’t even have on gas, travel, and dining.
Offer subject to change at any time.
Welcome Bonus of 70,000 Marriott points
≈ $630 (estimated value of ≈ 0.9 ¢/pt)
Earning of 10,000 points on the $5,000 minimum spend
≈ $90 (at 2X base earn rate)
= $150 (deducted)
Flytrippers Valuation of welcome bonus
≈ $570 in travel rewards
+ all points earned with your regular purchases
After the $570 Welcome Bonus…
Here are the card earn rates:
Special bonus earn rate for first 3 months:
Marriott Points are Variable-Value Points, which means you have to use them wisely to get the most value.
Points can be redeemed for Marriott hotel stays (best use most of the time) or transferred to 40 airline programs.
More details in how to maximize your Marriott Points.
Flight delay insurance ($500, 4h minimum)
Car rental insurance
Baggage & personal effects insurance
Hotel burglary insurance
Purchase protection & extended warranty
No medical travel insurance
No trip cancelation insurance
• Earn up to 85,000 Marriott Bonvoy™ points. Earn 70,000 Welcome Bonus Marriott Bonvoy™ points after you charge $5,000 in purchases to your Card in your first three months of Cardmembership. Plus, earn 5 points for every $1 in Card purchases on eligible Gas, Dining and Travel (excluding lodging) for the first three months of Cardmembership.
• Receive an Annual Free Night Award automatically each year after your anniversary.
• Enjoy an automatic upgrade to Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status when you reach $30,000 in purchases on your Card each year
• Receive 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year with your Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card. These can be used towards attaining the next level of Elite status in the Marriott Bonvoy program
• You can earn 3 points for every $1 in Card purchases on eligible gas, dining and travel
• Earn 5 points for every $1 in Card purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties. Earn 2 points for every $1 in purchases charged to the Card everywhere else
• Make the most of a suite of business management tools that give you more control over your business anytime and anywhere
• Redeem points for free nights with no blackout dates at over 7,000 of some of the world’s most extraordinary hotels and resorts around the globe. Use your points for flights on some of the world’s leading airlines
• American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link. Conditions apply
via Amex secure application
This content was not sponsored. The views and opinions expressed on this page are purely our own.
All offers described on the Flytrippers website are subject to the financial institutions’ latest terms and conditions that can be found on their website.
Offers from financial institutions change quickly; it is your responsibility to ensure the accuracy of these offers on their website when applying for a card. Flytrippers will not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of the offers or the result of your actions.
Financial institutions are not responsible for updating or ensuring the accuracy of the information on Flytrippers’ website. All the information was independently collected by Flytrippers and not provided by financial institutions.
Some links on this page are affiliate links that may allow Flytrippers to earn a commission. Thank you for using our links and encouraging us at no additional cost to you.
Flytrippers’ website does not contain all available credit card offers or all available credit card companies on the market. Flytrippers never shares an offer if it is not considered advantageous for certain travelers, at its sole discretion.
No author on Flytrippers’ website is a financial advisor, a financial planner, a legal professional or a tax professional and no author on Flytrippers’ website can in any way be considered as such.
All articles and pages on Flytrippers’ website are merely personal opinions of a general nature and are for informational purposes only and should not be considered as advice for specific situations. It is your responsibility to perform your own personal research to make sure that Travel Hacking is appropriate for your own situation.
The opinions expressed on Flytrippers’ website are those of the authors only and have not been provided, approved, endorsed or ratified by any third party mentioned on the site.