This feature presents in detail all the tips I used to save on my 25 flights (totaling 14 plane tickets) this fall. I’m doing it precisely because many readers ask us to share our personal experiences in terms of savings on travel. If you’re wondering how to put all these tips into practice, you’ll find concrete examples here to inspire you.
Here are all the parts of the feature, including general tips and most importantly, examples that are even more concrete (1 plane ticket at a time, with all the relevant pro tips that were used).
Background to this feature and my fall travels
Here’s the introduction to read first if you want more info:
3 main tips used for multiple flights
Here are the 3 most important tips to know, which were recurring in several of the 14 plane tickets that deserve more detailed general explanations:
- The self-transfer tip
- The separate one-way tickets tip
- The travel rewards tip (of the more valuable type)
14 other basic tips used for multiple flights
Here’s 14 more general basic tips and how I personally apply them in a more global way before the ticket-by-ticket examples:
- The travel rewards (of the more simple type) tip
- The understanding the basics of airfares tip
- The ignoring the myths and checking prices early and often tip
- The being flexible about flight days tip
- The being flexible about flight times tip
- The comparing all airlines tip
- The compating all booking sites tip
- The always booking directly on the airline’s website tip
- The traveling light tip
- The taking any seat tip
- The choosing the cheapest airline tip
- The choosing the cheapest seat class and fare class tip
- The paying with a credit card that has free insurance tip
- The considering the total cost tip
Tickets to Las Vegas for $491 instead of $900+
Here’s the first of my concrete examples:
- Las Vegas-Montréal (return) for $337 instead of $617
- Chicago-Las Vegas (outbound) for $195 instead of $192
Tickets between Rio and São Paulo for $43 instead of $1400
The next of my fall trips I’ll be covering soon.
Learning how to travel for less
Join over 100,000 savvy Canadian travelers who already receive Flytrippers’ free newsletter so we can help you travel for less!
What would you like to know about saving on flights? Tell us in the comments below.
See the flight deals we spot: Cheap flights
Explore awesome destinations: Travel inspiration
Learn pro tricks: Travel tips
Discover free travel: Travel rewards
Featured image: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (photo credit: Andrew D’Amours/Flytrippers)