Since we often spot great deals to fly to Utah at a low price, here are the Top 15 photos that will make you want to visit this incredible Western State. A must-see destination that just might be the perfect place for a summer trip!
With 5 beautiful National Parks, Utah truly is perfect for outdoorsy people as you will see in the pictures below.
Utah has some of the most breathtaking spots on our continent, and we happen to be seeing great deals to this destination (Salt Lake City) on our cheap flight deals page recently.
If you are flexible with your dates and just want to find the cheapest tickets to Utah (SLC), you can also use our advanced flight search tool (or our regular flight search tool to get the best price for specific dates).
Pro tip: you can also check flights to Las Vegas (LAS), which are often cheaper and where car rentals will also likely be cheaper. Plus you can combine adventures in nature and more urban adventures in one epic trip!
So here are the Top 15 photos. Did we miss anything? Tell us your favorite spot in the comments!
1. Canyonlands National Park[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BiEDGBRgfaz/?tagged=canyonlandsnationalpark hidecaption=true]
Few US states have as many National Parks. And Canyonlands (like all others in Utah) is quite impressive.
2. Canyonlands National Park (Pt. 2)[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BiCgBMyBH4a/?tagged=canyonlandsnationalpark hidecaption=true]
In fact, the “Mighty 5” is so beautiful that each of them will get two pics in the top 15 (spoiler alert). We could even do a standalone Top 15 for each park, that’s how beautiful they are.
3. Bonneville Salt Flats[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BiCv_Udn5o2/?tagged=bonnevillesaltflats hidecaption=true]
The Bonneville Salt Flats are incredible. It looks like snow but it really is a layer of white salt covering a vast area near Salt Lake City. It is a remnant of an actual sea that evaporated thousands of years ago.
4. Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdme3jRn_Ge/?tagged=grandstaircaseescalante hidecaption=true]
This is typically the kind of image that comes to mind when thinking of the American West. And to think this is just a short flight away from home (especially for Canadians out West, what are you waiting for? #roadtrip)
5. Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument (Pt. 2)[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BiDbhczgxmi/?tagged=grandstaircaseescalante hidecaption=true]
So this isn’t even a National Park, but the surreal scene there deserves a second pic. It’s almost as if you are on a different planet in this spot.
6. Bryce Canyon National Park[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BiATU5yHqjJ/?tagged=brycecanyon hidecaption=true]
Geologically, it isn’t even really a canyon, but some say the sights here are more impressive than the Grand Canyon.
7. Bryce Canyon National Park (Pt. 2)[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BiDPChmnXPx/?tagged=brycecanyon hidecaption=true]
Reddish rocks and green trees coexist marvelously here.
8. Zion National Park[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BiDrkqOATlJ/?tagged=zionnationalpark hidecaption=true]
Zion has often been named the most beautiful National Park in the whole country. Hard to argue with that.
9. Great Salt Lake[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BetTdb9lgzH/?tagged=greatsaltlake hidecaption=true]
Most of the Utah attractions are in the southern more deserted part of the state, but Utah also has some of the wet stuff. Lake Powell for example, is a great place for aquatic activities. The Great Salt Lake pictured here though, is not great for swimming. That’s because it’s saltier than even the oceans, hence the name. And some parts are pretty unique, like these two sections with vastly different colors.
10. Salt Lake City[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BPYrPa3jIW9/?taken-by=visitsaltlake hidecaption=true]
There’s more to just nature in the State of Utah. You’ll most likely land in Salt Lake City, largest city and state capital. Situated between the Great Salt Lake and impressive mountains, SLC is a vibrant city that hosted the Olympics and has many attractions in its own right
11. Capitol Reef National Park[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BiDwQmJg1-9/?tagged=capitolreefnationalpark hidecaption=true]
This National Park is one of the best places to stargaze, being so far away from well, anything. No light pollution here.
12. Monument Valley[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BiEVrtxncwu/?tagged=monumentvalley hidecaption=true]
Though not part of a National Park, Monument Valley is an impressive sight that really makes you feel like you’re in the American West.
13. Uinta Mountains[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh9UH3cAkRG/?tagged=uintas hidecaption=true]
If you prefer mountains that are slightly more… mountainous, Uinta Mountains in the Northern part of the state is perfect for you. Known for alpine sports in the winter, it is also quite pretty in other seasons.
14. Arches National Park[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw9svSilSU6/ hidecaption=true]
Last but not least. Of the 5 National Parks, Arches is one of the more unique ones. It features… arches, you might’ve guessed it.
15. Arches National Park (Pt. 2)[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh7JYeRHLER/?tagged=archesnationalpark hidecaption=true]
So visiting Utah is very interesting and landscapes are so different than in other places, even though it is so close. And as mentioned, if you want to combine outdoor adventures with more… urban adventures, you can always land in Las Vegas and drive to Utah too. It’s about the same distance.
Bonus: Four Corners Monument[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BhnZYeTD5t-/?tagged=fourcorners hidecaption=true]
We love giving you more for your money at Flytrippers, so here’s a bonus. Technically, only 1/4th of it is in Utah, but it really a cool place. Nowhere else can you be in 4 states simultaneously!
Utah is a beautiful place that everyone should visit at least once. And if you don’t feel up for a long drive there, we feature deals to both Salt Lake City and Las Vegas pretty often.
Now, tell us: Have you ever been there? What did you enjoy most? Tell us in the comments below.
Want to see our current discounted plane tickets?
Click here to see our flight deals
Want more travel tips and inspiration?
Click here to see the blog homepage
You’ll probably enjoy this article:
8 Tips to Survive a Long Flight in Economy Class
Help us spread the word about our flight deals and travel tips by sharing this article and most importantly bookmark Flytrippers so we can help you navigate the world of low-cost travel!
Cover image: Zion National Park (photo credit: Omer Salom)
Advertiser Disclosure: Flytrippers receives a commission on links featured in this blog post. We appreciate if you use them, especially given it never costs you anything more to do so, and we thank you for supporting the site and making it possible for us to keep finding the best travel deals and content for you. In the interest of transparency, know that we will NEVER recommend a product or service we do not believe in or that we do not use ourselves, as our reputation and credibility is worth far more than any commission. This principle is an essential and non-negotiable part of all our partnerships: we will never give any third-party any control whatsoever on our content. For more information on our advertiser disclosure, click here.
Posted April 27th 2019, updates June 5th 2019